Make sure that MotoPress Hotel Booking, WPML and its addons are activated on the website.
First of all, here are a few settings of WPML that you should pay attention to:
1. Go to the WPML tab > Languages > Add Language. Remember what your default language is.
2. In the WPML tab > Settings > Post Types Translation, do not make any changes. Some post types of MotoPress Hotel Booking should not be translated, because their texts appear only in the back end: mphb_booking, mphb_season, mphb_room, mphb_payment, mphb_reserved_room, mphb_coupon.
By default these post types are marked as Not Translatable and are grayed out:
3. In the WPML tab > Settings > Custom Fields Translation, do not make any changes. Fields related to our booking system start with 'mphb_'. Some fields of MotoPress Hotel Booking should not be translated as their texts do not appear on the front end. So do not enable for translation the fields that are marked as Don't Translate or Copy by default.
You are free to configure any other settings of WPML, like Language Switcher, Language URL, etc, but these are not essential for translating the booking system. These settings are described in more detail in the WPML documentation.
4. Create translations for system pages that are selected in Accommodation > Settings in the fields: Search Results Page, Checkout Page, Terms & Conditions, Confirmation Page, Cancellation Page.
If you accept payments for bookings online, also translate the pages that are selected in Accommodation > Settings > Payment Gateways (Payment Success Page and Failed Transaction Page).
6. Translate pages of the booking system into your translation language(s).
You need to create all content of the booking system, including accommodation types, services and rates, in the default language. For example, if your default language is English and the translation language is German, then all pages should be created in English and only after that translated into German. If you create pages of our plugin in a translation language (ex. German), make sure to change the page in your default language (ex. English) to be the original page.
7. Taxonomies like amenities, custom attributes, tags, categories can be translated in the WPML tab > Taxonomy Translation.
8. The content of shortcodes e.g. checkout page, button labels, can be translated through the string translation module in the WPML tab > String Translation.
9. Also, in the WPML tab > String Translation, the content of email templates can be translated.
10. Each translation is a separate page, so each translation has a unique id. The id of an accommodation type in English (ex. ID = 99), is different from the id of the same accommodation type in German (ex. ID = 150). So when you add shortcodes of the booking system on an English page, make sure to use English ids if ids are required: [mphb_availability_calendar id="99"] And if you use shortcodes on German pages of your website, use German ids in our shortcodes: [mphb_availability_calendar id="150"]
Ids of accommodation types can be found in the Accommodation tab > Accommodation Types > hover over an accommodation type.