The Hotel Booking Checkout Fields extension allows adding new and removing the default fields displayed on the checkout page.
To add new fields, go to the Bookings tab → Checkout fields → Add New.
When adding a new field, you can set the following parameters:
1. Enter the Field label name - the users will see it on the frontend.
2. Give the label to the System name for this field too. It must be unique, and only Latin lowercase letters are allowed.
3. Select the type of the field. There are ten of them:
Date of birth
Please note there is no option to add an attachment field to the checkout form at the moment.
4. Some fields have placeholders that allow you to provide guidance about what you
expect to see in the field.
5. Description is a common parameter for most field types. Its content serves as an explanation or guide.
6. Additional CSS. You can insert one or multiple CSS classes to customize the field.
7. Required/Non-required. If you tick Required, the field becomes compulsory for submitting.
8. Enabled/Disable. Enabled fields can be seen in the form; disabled are hidden.
Don't forget to hit the Create button.
It is possible to reorder the fields by dragging and dropping them in the Checkout Fields menu. You can also include the email tag of the new checkout field in the email templates.
If you don't need to use all the default fields, you can shorten the form to the basics. Please be advised it is impossible to disable the following default field: email since it’s crucial for placing a booking. To remove the field you don't require, select it and click “Edit," and uncheck two boxes, namely "Required" and "Enabled":
Now the checkout page looks like this:
Now you've learned how to add new custom fields as well as hide the unnecessary ones.
Don't forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/MotoPressCom?sub_confirmation=1.